About the Knott Foundation
The Marion I. & Henry J. Knott Foundation is a Catholic family foundation committed to honoring our founders’ legacy of generosity to strengthen our community.
Our founders Marion and Henry Knott had a vision: To provide resources for nurturing and sustaining family unity through cultural, educational, health care and human service activities in the Roman Catholic community and through the activities of other deserving agencies that the Knott family encouraged and supported. This vision resulted in the establishment of the Marion I. & Henry J. Knott Foundation, Inc. a 501(c)(3) corporation, in 1977.
Working as a family, we are guided by the following shared beliefs and values:
- Understanding and responding to the needs of our community through informed grantmaking
- Respecting the values of the Roman Catholic faith
- Engaging in the ongoing education of trustees and staff in the field of philanthropy and the nonprofit community
- Ensuring good stewardship of the resources entrusted to our use
- Encouraging open communication, compassion, respect and trust among community, staff and family